Sunday 29 July 2007

Birmingham Poster

This poster was recorded yesterday using my mobile phone It is located in a busy shopping mall and unlike many advertising posters has remained in a shop window for many years.
This is unusual as this type of media has a very short and often volatile
lifespan.
Today I uploaded the first digital photograph I took of this site in 2003 - I often work with serial projects incorporating sequences.
This is the corridor view into the Shopping Mall and was recorded and retained due to the poster of the baby (no longer in existence) and the figure walking through the shot - (the poster is behind the figure). At the time my main interest was the evidence of the footprints on the floor marking the entrance to the Mall - this has now been repaired
Past, present and transitory space combined

No comments: