Wednesday 30 April 2008

Giving Flowers


I have been drawing in ink on a folded piece of paper for a few weeks now. Sometimes I draw

when I'm on a train or other places. Last week, in a restaurant I continued my drawing which, was about a lady 'selling flowers'. After a few minutes a lady sat down and asked me about the drawing, she thought it could mean this or that and visualised her ideas and thoughts through the drawing even giving it her title.
Her name was Evie and she was from Lithuania.


So I gave her the drawing.


Afterwards I realised that several parts of the drawing had been recorded on my pda so here it is above left.

This chance encounter was 'beautiful' (a word artists don't use much these days)
and reciprocal - to be valued.. and the events transformed the original drawing.

No comments: